Dear Friends --
Please join Burlingame City leaders for a Virtual Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, 3/24/20 from 5:15-6:15 p.m. via telephone or video conference -- either works! Click here for instructions to dial-in or download the free and easy "Zoom Meeting" software. Councilmembers, City Manager Lisa Goldman, Police Chief Mike Matteucci, City Attorney Kathleen Kane, and a County Health Official (pending confirmation) will listen to your ideas, concerns, and answer questions. I understand we are the first Peninsula City to attempt a Virtual Town Hall meeting like this, so thanks for your patience as we give it a whirl. We're committed to finding creative ways to stay connected and provide you with accurate information.
Although the County's Shelter in Place Order is inconvenient for all of us, it's essential to reduce the spread of this virus. Please take the order (particularly Section 10) to heart. Here are some other important primary sources of information for you:
Dr. Scott Morrow, San Mateo County Health Officer's Statements that explain how serious this situation is;
San Mateo County's Website: your authoritative source for COVID-19 Health Information, Social Services, Shelter in Place FAQ, and other resources;
SAMCEDA Website: support and assistance for businesses & workers impacted by COVID-19;
City of Burlingame Website for COVID-19 impacts in Burlingame, plus links to other important resources.
Volunteer here with our County-wide COVID-19 effort
Have medical supplies to donate? Email SMCMedDonations@smcgov.org
Please respect these Senior/Vulnerable Population shopping hours here in Burlingame:
- Lunardi's: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-8 AM
- Mollie Stone's: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays 7-8 AM
Safeway: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-9 AM
Walgreens on Burlingame Avenue & Broadway: Tuesday 8-9 AM
Finally, please remember to thank heroes in your neighborhood who are on the front line of this health emergency: health care workers, grocery store workers, pharmacy workers, gas station attendants, and other essential service providers. We salute and appreciate you.
Important Upcoming Dates:
• Wednesday, 3/25/20: Burlingame Emergency City Council Meeting. Join us via Zoom Meeting online or via phone to participate, or email your public comments to firstname.lastname@example.org and staff will read them out loud.
Agenda will be posted soon, topics include:
• April 22-26: The 50th Anniversary of Earth Day takes place on 4/22/20! Help us celebrate throughout the week -- learn more here.
• Saturday, 5/2/20, Joint Planning Commission and City Council Annual Meeting, from 9 a.m.-12 noon. Location TBD.
• Coffee & Conversation with Emily (informal Q&A about topics on your mind)
Coming this spring to City Council, dates TBA: Lyon Hoag final traffic study report, Minimum Wage Ordinance, Cellphone Emission Warning Ordinance, Short-Term Rentals, New Development Reach Codes.
View our City Council meeting video recordings and review our agendas here to confirm the location, date, time, and detailed meeting content.
Warmest regards always,
Mayor, City of Burlingame