Happy Labor Day weekend!
- Tuesday, 9/4/18: we're considering a number of hot topics at this week's Council meeting -- summary below
- Wednesday, 10/24/18: Coffee and Conversation with Emily at Il Piccolo Caffe
- Caltrain Paralleling Station update in Burlingame Gate
- Later this fall: Community Center Design, Parks Master Plan, General Plan Review
1) Tuesday, 9/4/18, City Council Meeting, City Hall, 501 Primrose Road, Study Session begins 6:15 PM, Regular Meeting 7PM: I encourage you to read the agenda and associated staff reports for additional information here.
6:15 PM Study Session, Conference Room A: Public Art Project to honor Anson Burlingame
- City Council and members of the public will provide feedback to the Anson Burlingame Subcommittee and the artist regarding draft conceptual design options.
- This project is intended to create a timeless piece of art in the public realm that commemorates the values and spirit of Anson Burlingame, our City's namesake.
7:00 PM Regular Meeting in Council Chambers will include consideration of:
- Two application appeals for small-cell wireless facilities (antenna and equipment) on existing wooden poles (item 9a)
- Additional Marijuana regulations (item 9c)
- Proposed amendments to Accessory Dwelling Unit regulations ("in-law" or "secondary" units) in accordance with recent State law changes (item 9d)
- Proposed modifications to Burlingame Village, the future below market rate housing development on City Lot F (item 10a)
2) Wednesday, 10/24/18, Coffee and Conversation with Emily @ Il Piccolo Caffe, 1219 Broadway, 8:00-9:00 AM
Please save the date to join me at Il Piccolo Caffe on Wednesday, 10/24 at 8:00 AM for conversation and Q&A about local policy issues. I'm hoping this time-slot may accommodate residents with different work/family schedules. Bring your questions and concerns about our City -- and bring a friend! Coffee and refreshments provided at no taxpayer expense. This is one of my favorite ways to communicate with residents and hear what matters to you.
3) Thanks to Burlingame residents, staff members, Caltrain, and Council colleagues for helping resolve the Caltrain Paralleling station issue last month. Caltrain will construct the new facility on the east side of the tracks using a portion of City-owned property, rather than on the west side adjacent to residential homes in Burlingame Gate. I felt incredibly proud of the way our residents respectfully and collaboratively participated in the public process. Your voice mattered, thank you!
4) I will keep you posted about upcoming meetings this fall related to our new Community Center design, Parks Master Plan, and the City's General Plan, which will provide the road-map for how Burlingame will grow during the next 25 years. Thanks for your continued engagement on these important local issues.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend and I hope to see you around town soon.