Happy Holidays to all! In this November edition of my newsletter, learn more about:
- Holiday COVID-19 safety & watch my 3-minute YouTube video
- Burlingame United Against Hate Week 11/30-12/6 & associated Library Programs
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan presentation and approval on 12/7/20
- New El Camino Real Renewal Virtual Open House, open now thru 12/18
- Burlingame Town Square virtual public input
- Q&A with Mayor Beach, Wednesday 12/16, 5-6PM
- Trusted COVID-19 Resources
Upcoming Notable Dates:
• 11/30-12/6 Burlingame United Against Hate Week & Programs
• 12/4 @ 5PM Burlingame's Virtual Tree Lighting Ceremony at Parks & Recreation Facebook Page
• 12/7 @ 7PM: City Council Meeting includes Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan Approval, Sustainability Update, Cannabis Distribution Ordinance & Burlingame Collaborative Presentation. Agenda posted here.
• 12/16 @ 5PM: Virtual Q&A with Mayor Beach via Zoom or Phone
• Now thru 12/17 Caltrans ECR Renewal online Public Forum
• 12/21 @ 7PM: Burlingame City Council Ceremonial Mayoral Rotation. Agenda posted here.
View our City Council meeting video recordings and review our agendas here to confirm the location, date, time, and detailed meeting content.
As of today, San Mateo County is currently in the "Red Tier" which means the risks are "Substantial." Let's pull together and be extra vigilant to save lives, local businesses, and jobs. If we move backward into the "Purple Tier" additional restrictions on indoor business activity, houses of worship, and other gatherings will return. Provided health conditions allow it, we want to get our beloved library and other civic buildings open in early 2021, so thanks for doing your part to act responsibly and reduce the spread this holiday season.
2) Burlingame Stands United Against Hate 2020:
Please join us for Burlingame Stands United Against Hate Week, 11/30-12/6. Our community's United Against Hate (UAH) Committee and Library staff have planned some FANTASTIC events for adults, teens, and children. United Against Hate is a call for local civic action throughout the Bay Area to stop hate and implicit biases that are a threat to the civility of our neighborhoods and cities. I've attached our event poster, and you can show your support by clicking here to print a window sign to display in your home or business. Visit our Library's website for details and sign ups for:
- 12/1: A Virtual Conversation with Julie Lythcott-Haims, NY Times Bestselling author, speaker, and activist "About Who We Are and Who We Want To Be" (Adults & Teens)
- 12/2: Movie Discussion: McFarland USA, free downloads over Thanksgiving weekend (Teens & Tweens)
- 12/3 & 12/10: Discuss and Learn about the Pulitzer Prize winning NY Times Magazine article & free podcast: The 1619 Project examines the origins and legacy of slavery in America. Find links to the discussion articles on our Library's UAH website, or download the free podcast. I'm particularly excited about this learning series, since author Nikole Hannah-Jones is a fellow University of Notre Dame alumna! (Adults & Teens)
- 12/5: Anti-Bias Storytime & Parenting Discussion Featuring Burlingame teacher Natalie Delahunt, M.Ed. (Children & Families)
- 11/30-12/31: Building Community Through Art
3) Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan, Monday 12/7/2020 @ Burlingame City Council Meeting
4) New El Camino Real Renewal Public Forum by Caltrans, open now through 12/17/20
5) Let’s Talk About a Town Square for Downtown Burlingame
- What kind of square would you like to see in Downtown Burlingame? Click here to take the survey.
- Share your ideas on our Town Square website. The project team created a special website using the “Social Pinpoint” platform to help you share your ideas and learn more about the project. There are images to provide inspiration, and you can even upload your own images to share with others: Click here to visit the Town Square Website.
- Attend the next community meeting on Tuesday, December 1, from 6:30 pm. to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom. Zoom links will be posted on the Town Square Website.
6) Join me for my 17th virtual constituent Q&A during COVID-19 on Wednesday, 12/16 @ 5PM. I strive to be accessible to you during these challenging times. Visit my events page for instructions about how to dial-in by phone or join via Zoom video conference. Bring your questions or comments about any City matter on your mind -- or feel free to just listen in. Thanks for spreading the word by sharing this invitation to others who may not receive my newsletter. You can forward this email, or share the following URL link: https://www.beachforburlingame.com/newsletter
- County Press Release about falling back into the "Red Tier" on 11/17/20 and what it means
- State of California's COVID-19 Resilience Roadmap and FAQ
- County Health Officer's Statements and Orders
- San Mateo County COVID-19 statistics
- COVID-19 Community Resource Guide
- Sign up for SMC Alert at smcalert.info for timely & reliable emergency information from local government -- imperative in this era of pandemics, wildfires and other disasters.
- Sign up for the City of Burlingame's e-Newsletter for weekly and other time-sensitive email updates
Wishing you and your loved ones a safe, healthy, and joyful holiday season.Warmest regards,
Mayor, City of Burlingame
P.S. If you seek more frequent updates, keep in touch with me via Q&A events via Zoom, Facebook, & Twitter. Read my past archived newsletters on my website and please encourage your friends to sign-up to receive my newsletters. If you send me an email message, I appreciate your patience with my reply during these busy times.