Greetings Friends --
Happy New Year! I'm writing my first update as your Councilmember to let you know about a few topics of interest coming soon to City Hall. I invite you to join my email list so I can keep you informed with messages like this from time to time. Remember you can view City Council agendas, stream meetings live, or view the recordings at your convenience on the City of Burlingame's website.
1) City Council Meeting, Tuesday, 1/19, 7:00 p.m. @ City Hall, topics will include:
- Broadway grade separation update: staff will report on engineering plans to improve the train/traffic crossing at Broadway. Note, this is a different project than the Broadway/101 interchange reconstruction project currently underway.
- FEMA flood zone maps: we'll hear a staff report on the Federal Emergency Management Agency's proposed flood insurance rate map, likely to affect additional residents and businesses in 2017.
2) Annual Goals Session Meeting, Saturday, 1/30, 9-12:00 noon, @ Lane Community Room, Burlingame Public Library
3) In February, City Council will consider whether or not Burlingame will join Peninsula Clean Energy, a community choice energy program spearheaded by San Mateo County. I encourage you to learn more about it on their website peninsulacleanenergy.com and join the discussion next month.
I'm learning so much and really enjoying the challenge of my new role. Many thanks again for your support in November's election.