I hope to see you tomorrow afternoon for coffee and conversation! Also, here are a few noteworthy upcoming events:
- Coffee and Conversation with Emily, Saturday 5/6, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Il Piccolo Cafe
- City of Burlingame Annual Budget Study Session, Wednesday, 5/10, 6:30 p.m., City Hall
- Bike to Work Day, Thursday, May 11th
- U.S. 101/Peninsula Avenue Interchange Project Community Meeting hosted by the City of San Mateo, Tuesday, 5/16, 6:30 p.m., Burlingame Recreation Center
- NEW LOCATION & MEETING UPDATE: City Council Special Meeting regarding the Burlingame School District's request to financially contribute to re-turfing Franklin and Osberg Fields, Wednesday, 5/24, 6:30 p.m., City Hall, Conference Room A
1) Coffee and Conversation with Emily, Saturday, 5/6, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Il Piccolo Cafe, 1219 Broadway
Join me tomorrow afternoon for coffee at one of my favorite local hangouts, Il Piccolo on Broadway. I’ll provide a brief update on recent and upcoming city issues, and answer questions about topics on your mind. Feel free to drop by at the last minute if your schedule allows – however, I always appreciate RSVP's so I can plan the right amount of refreshments (at no taxpayer expense).
2) City of Burlingame Annual Budget Study Session, Wednesday, 5/10, 6:30 p.m., City Hall, 501 Primrose Road
- Learn about our City's annual budgeting process and financial priorities for fiscal year 2017-18 this Wednesday evening.
3) U.S. 101/Peninsula Avenue Interchange Project Community Meeting hosted by the City of San Mateo, Tuesday, 5/16, 6:30 p.m., Burlingame Recreation Center, 850 Burlingame Avenue
- This infrastructure project proposes to relocate the existing US 101 southbound on and off-ramps from East Poplar Avenue to Peninsula Avenue to eliminate the partial interchange condition and create a single, full access interchange at Peninsula Avenue and Airport Boulevard. The City of San Mateo will host an interactive Burlingame Community Workshop Meeting to gather input on concepts for design, traffic study intersections, complete street elements, parking, bicycling, and pedestrian issues. A presentation will be followed by table break-out sessions where attendees will work in groups to discuss project elements. If you miss this event, San Mateo will host a presentation followed by an open house on Wednesday, May 17th at San Mateo City Hall, 330 West 20th Avenue, at 6:30 p.m. Visit San Mateo's project webpage here for more information.
4) UPDATE: City Council Special Meeting, Wednesday, 5/24, 6:30 p.m. City Hall, 501 Primrose Road, Conference Room A
- Join the conversation about the City's partnership with Burlingame School District. Our City Council will discuss and provide direction regarding the Burlingame School District's request to financially contribute to re-turfing Franklin and Osberg Fields and the Memorandum of Understanding between the City and the District. Meeting agenda posted here.
Many thanks for your engagement. Enjoy the weekend!