Note three important events happening next week!
- Monday, March 19th, New Community Center Conceptual Plan & proposed park on the Bayfront discussion, City Hall, 501 Primrose Road
- Thursday, March 22nd, State Lands Commission Community Meeting about the future use of vacant State Lands property on the Bayfront next to Kincaid’s Restaurant, 6:30 PM, Burlingame Recreation Center, 850 Burlingame Avenue
- Saturday, March 24th, 101st Airborne Anniversary Division Homecoming Parade and Celebration, 11:00 AM, B Street @ 7th Avenue, San Mateo
1) Monday, March 19th, City Council Study Session and Regular Meeting, City Hall, 501 Primrose Road
- Proposed Community Center Master Plan Study Session, 5:30-7:00 PM: Staff will provide an overview of the community process that began in 2012 to create a vision for our new Community Center. City Council will review the conceptual design options and provide feedback about next steps. Read our upcoming agenda here to review the supporting documents.
- Update on the proposed park on vacant State Land's property, agenda item 10a: City Council has supported the concept of a regional park on this abandoned parcel of land next to Kincaid’s Restaurant. Staff will provide an update in preparation for the State Lands Commission community meeting on Thursday, 3/22.
2) Thursday, March 22nd, State Lands Commission Community Meeting regarding the future use vacant State Lands property next to Kincaid’s Restaurant, 6:30 PM, Burlingame Recreation Center: This is an important opportunity for Burlingame residents to learn the history of this underutilized land parcel and voice your opinion about potential future uses. The State Lands Commission (SLC) staff will hold a public meeting to receive input from the community about what should exist on this vacant State Lands property. Input from this meeting will be presented to State Lands Commissioners who will determine what type of applications to accept for the site. For FAQs, the public notice and more information about the City of Burlingame's permitted uses for this parcel, click here.
3) Saturday, March 24th, 101st Airborne Anniversary Division Parade and Celebration, 11:00 AM, B Street @ 7th Avenue, San Mateo
The City of Burlingame welcomes "home" soldiers and veterans from our City’s 101st Airborne Division adopted unit, B Company 1-327 Infantry. San Mateo adopted the first 101st Airborne unit 50 years ago this month during the Vietnam War. Burlingame was the second of nine Peninsula Cities to adopt an Army unit back in 2004. Learn more about the history of this event and how you can participate in the weekend's festivities (or even help sponsor a solider) by visiting the event's website.
Remember you can view City Council's upcoming meeting agendas, supporting materials, and past recordings here on our City's new and improved website.