We have many important policy discussions happening in Burlingame this month:
• Tuesday, 6/9/20: Outdoor Dining Proposal at Burlingame City Council Meeting. Join us via Zoom at 6:30 PM. Agenda posted here.
• Wednesday, 6/10/20: Wireless Webinar Workshop starting at 1 PM. Login information and details will be posted here.
• Monday, 6/15/20: Public Hearing on new development Reach Codes & Burlingame's plan to review Police Department policies. Join our City Council meeting via Zoom at 7 PM. Agenda posted here.
• El Camino Real Roadway Renewal Project Virtual Scoping Meeting here.
Coming soon to City Council: Short-Term Rentals (date TBA), Minimum Wage Ordinance (9/8/20.)
View our City Council meeting video recordings and review our agendas here to confirm the location, date, time, and detailed meeting content.
2) Wednesday, 6/10/20 @ 1 PM: The City will host a webinar workshop to discuss small cellular technology (new antennas on utility poles), ask questions of our experts, and start the conversation about the future of wireless infrastructure in Burlingame. Login information will be posted prior to the event here.
3) Monday, 6/15/20 @ 7:00 PM: We'll tackle environmental "Reach Codes" in new construction -- not renovations, which is an important distinction -- at our next regular City Council Meeting. The goal for implementing Reach Codes is to create more sustainable buildings so we can help curtail climate change. Our City staff will also provide an update on our plan to review the Burlingame Police Department's policies and procedures, and consider signing "The Mayor's Pledge" proposed by the Obama Foundation. By now, I hope you've had the chance to read Chief Matteucci's statement, and watch my video message from last week on the senseless death of George Floyd, responsible policing, and systemic racism. We are a strong community and stand united for equality, justice, and peace.
5) El Camino Real Roadway Renewal Virtual Scoping Meeting: don't miss this opportunity to participate!
Between now and July 6, 2020 is your opportunity to tell Caltrans (California Department of Transportation) everything they should consider as they begin studying and creating plans for long-term fixes of Burlingame's El Camino Real. This project is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our community to shape the future of our iconic roadway. Please take the time to review the materials, ask questions, and provide comments. This online forum has supporting materials that feature a poster gallery and a video presentation that highlights issues related to drainage, landscaping, sidewalks, and pavement. Visit www.ecrscoping.com
6) As a reminder, here are some trusted Primary Sources of COVID-19 Information:
- County Health Officer's Statements and Orders
- State of California's COVID-19 Resilence Roadmap and FAQ
- San Mateo County COVID-19 statistics
- County's Heatlh Order Shelter In Place FAQs to answer your questions about this County-wide law
- City of Burlingame Website for COVID-19 impacts in Burlingame, plus links to other important resources
- Sign up for the City of Burlingame's e-Newsletter for weekly and other time-sensitive email updates
Stay safe and if you are able, please wear a face covering wherever you go. This is one of the most important things you can do to help our community stay healthy -- so we need to normalize wearing them! We are all in this together.
Warmest regards always,