Happy summer! Here is a preview of upcoming topics and events:
- Monday, 6/18/18: New Community Center Final Conceptual Plan presentations
- Click here to take the City's quick online survey to choose your preferred design: Mission or Pavilions
- Monday, 7/2/18: Peninsula Health Care District presentation & update
- Monday, 7/2/18: Housing Impact Fees
- Wednesday, 7/11/18: Planning Commission's General Plan Update & Draft Environmental Impact Report
- Sunday, 8/26/18: Coffee and Conversation with Emily at Il Piccolo Caffe
- Check out our City's recycling & composting FAQ here
1) Monday, 6/18/18, City Council Meeting, City Hall, 501 Primrose Road, 7PM (review agenda here)
Community Center Conceptual Design: please join our City Council for an update and discussion about the two final design concepts for our new community center: Mission vs. Pavilions. See photographs and review supporting agenda documents under item 10e. City Council will consider community input and provide direction on the final design during our July 2, 2018 meeting. If you can't attend our meetings in person, please take the online community survey or email us with your thoughts at [email protected]
- Click here to take the City's quick online survey to choose your preferred conceptual design: Mission or Pavilions
2) Monday, 7/2/18, City Council Meeting, City Hall, 501 Primrose Road, 7PM (confirm agenda items by Thursday, 6/28 here)
- Housing Impact Fee discussion: City Council will learn more from our expert consultant about implementing housing impact fees charged to new housing developments. These fees would provide the City with financial resources to support below market rate housing for Burlingame's workforce and families.
- Peninsula Health Care District plans to provide an update about the future Peninsula Wellness Community near Mills Hospital. Learn more about their long-range vision here.
- Community Center Conceptual Design: City Council will decide the final design at this meeting.
3) Wednesday, 7/11/18, Planning Commission Meeting, City Hall, 501 Primrose Road, 7PM (review agenda here)
The first public hearing and discussion to review the General Plan's DRAFT Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) will take place by the Burlingame Planning Commission on Wednesday, 7/11. The General Plan serves as the roadmap for how Burlingame will grow over the next 25 years. During this meeting, our Planning Commission will discuss the environmental impact of allowing additional housing growth primarily in the northern part of our City near Millbrae BART/Caltrain station, and additional commercial growth primarily on our Bayfront. Staff will summarize input from the public and Planning Commission for City Council to consider before adopting the final General Plan later this fall. Learn more about the three-year process to update our City's General Plan at www.envisionburlingame.org.
4) Sunday, 8/26/18, Coffee and Conversation with Emily @ Il Piccolo Caffe, 1219 Broadway, 3:30-4:30PM
Please save the date to join me at Il Piccolo Caffe on Sunday, 8/26 from 3:00-4:00 PM for conversation and Q&A about local policy issues. Bring your questions and concerns about our City -- and bring a friend! Coffee and refreshments provided at no taxpayer expense. This is one of my favorite ways to communicate with residents and hear what matters to you.
Take care and have a safe and wonderful summer. I plan to send my next newsletter towards the middle of August.