- Peninsula Avenue interchange 101 on/off ramp presentation
- General Plan population and job growth discussion
- Items coming to City Council in early 2017
- Honoring our City's veterans
Holiday Greetings, Friends --
Just wanted to inform you about some important discussions happening soon at City Hall:
1) Upcoming Meetings:
Peninsula Interchange Presentation at our regularly scheduled Burlingame City Council Meeting on Monday, 12/5, 7:00 p.m. at City Hall. Our neighbors from the City of San Mateo will present an overview of design alternatives for the new Peninsula Avenue interchange intended to replace the Poplar Avenue on/off ramp, and discuss its potential impact on our city. This is a valuable opportunity for members of the public to learn more and participate in the discussion.
Also on Monday night, we will discuss the implementation of California’s Senate Bill 415, which impacts Councilmember terms and election years. In addition, we’ll conclude the public hearing about water and sewer rates after a thoughtful study and discussion that began in August.
- City Council Study Session and General Plan update, Tuesday, 12/6, 7:00 p.m. at City Hall: Future population and job growth in Burlingame will be the focus of Tuesday’s discussion, and we invite you to join us. Our updated General Plan (scheduled for completion in 2017) will provide a roadmap for future zoning and development over the next 25+ years and have a tremendous long-term impact on our city. Special thanks to our Envision Burlingame Community Advisory Committee for their hard work over the past year vetting these important issues.
2) Looking ahead to early 2017:
Although we don’t have a firm date for these agenda items yet, I’ll keep you posted on future discussions related to development impact fees, housing, our city’s tree ordinance, and public art.
3) Best of Burlingame Spotlight:
Congratulations and thanks to the following Burlingame military veterans who received certificates of appreciation at our 11/7 meeting: Angel “Bill” Garcia, Bob Schindler, Diana Bruce, Elizabeth Constantino, Paul Constantino, Ernest Ribera, Mitchell Oliver, and Steve McLaughlin. It was inspiring to see veterans from World War II to the present honored at City Hall during our new Veterans Day tradition.
Remember you can always view our meeting agendas, materials, and recordings on the City's website.
I hope to see you at Burlingame’s annual tree lighting ceremony and holiday parade on Friday, 12/2! Festivities begin at 5 p.m. in front of City Hall. Best wishes to you and your family for a joyful and safe holiday season.