Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware of a few noteworthy upcoming meetings:
- California High Speed Rail Authority Community Open House in San Mateo, Thursday, 4/13
- Burlingame City Council and Planning Commission Annual Joint Meeting, Saturday, 4/15
- Discussion about senior/workforce housing on downtown Parking Lots F&N, and Burlingame School District's funding request to help re-turf district fields, Monday, 4/17
- Senior Listening Session with Councilmembers Beach and Colson, Tuesday, 4/25
- Coffee and Conversation with Emily, Saturday 5/6 at Il Piccolo
1) California High Speed Rail Authority Community Open House in San Mateo, Thursday, 4/13 from 5-8:00 p.m. at the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, 1300 South El Camino Real, Suite 100, San Mateo, CA 94402
Learn more about the proposed San Francisco to San Jose project section, ask questions, and provide input regarding the impact on our community. Read more about this meeting on their event flyer and visit the CAHSR website. Drop in anytime between 5-8:00 p.m, however a presentation begins at 6:00 p.m.
2) Burlingame City Council and Planning Commission Annual Joint Meeting, Saturday, 4/15, 9:00 a.m., Lane Room, Burlingame Public Library
- Our City Council and Planning Commission will meet to discuss housing linkage/impact fees, which are fees collected at the time the City issues building permits for residential and commercial projects, and ways the fees could be used to invest in retaining or creating affordable housing. Additionally, we'll receive a progress report from the consultant preparing the City's General Plan and Zoning Ordinance update, and discuss traditional versus contemporary/modern housing in our community.
3) City Council Study Session and Regular Meeting, Monday, 4/17 at City Hall, 501 Primrose Road
- Study Session at 5:30 p.m. (time tentative, check final agenda here.) We will receive a status report about future senior/workforce housing and new parking garage on downtown parking lots F&N. City Council set this project in motion during the spring of 2015.
- Regular Meeting at 7:00 p.m: Among other issues, City Council will discuss and consider Burlingame School District's request to help fund re-turfing of Franklin and Osberg Fields.
4) Senior Listening Session with Councilmembers Beach and Colson, Tuesday, 4/25, 10:30 a.m., Burlingame Recreation Center, 850 Burlingame Avenue, RSVP's to our Recreation Department appreciated, please call 650-558-7300
- I was delighted to work with our Parks and Recreation staff to make this important event series happen. We invite seniors in our community to bring your questions, share concerns, and learn more about our local government. Two Councilmembers at a time will rotate through future meetings.
5) Coffee and Conversation with Emily, Saturday, 5/6 @ 3:30-4:30 p.m., Il Piccolo Cafe, 1219 Broadway
- Save the date on your busy calendar! Hope you can join me to discuss city issues and questions on your mind.