Greetings Frirends --
Just a quick note to update you on a few City Hall topics:
1) I invite you to attend the Joint Meeting with our City Council and Planning Commission, Saturday 3/19/16 @ Lane Community Room, Burlingame Public Library, 9:00-12:00 noon.
- We'll hear an update on Burlingame's General Plan and the important work being done by our Community Advisory Committee. We'll discuss their progress and the long-term vision for how Burlingame should grow and change over the next 25 years. Our general plan will have a powerful long-term impact on our city, so please join the dialogue. Mark your calendar for a community-wide workshop on 5/21.
- Peninsula Health Care District (PHCD) will also present an update on its master plan, which includes a vision for a future wellness community on PHCD property near Mills-Peninsula hospital.
- Burlingame (along with every other city in San Mateo County) voted to join Peninsula Clean Energy, a community choice energy program that pools our collective demand to purchase greener energy. I encourage you to learn more about it at peninsulacleanenergy.com. Initial customer enrollment is scheduled to begin in October 2016.
FEMA flood zone maps: the Federal Emergency Management Agency's new proposed flood insurance rate map will affect additional residents and businesses in 2017. If you receive a written notification about your residential or business property, please explore discounted insurance plans referenced in the letter that will be available for a limited time only.
- The City will begin polling this spring to understand our community's receptivity to a possible future tax measure to help fund capital improvements.
3) Keep in touch:
- Forward this message to your friends and invite them to join my email list to stay informed with messages like this from time to time.
- Remember you can view City Council agendas, stream meetings live, or view the recordings at your convenience on the City of Burlingame's website.
- Sign up for weekly City of Burlingame e-news, which currently includes traffic and transportation updates on the Broadway overpass, plus lots of other important community information.
- Download the Access Burlingame app to keep up to date, connect with the city, and receive updates on your requests.
Enjoy the weekend!