- What do YOU think is the best use of municipal land at Burlingame Golf Center?
- Home for All presentation from San Mateo County
- Councilmember terms: complying with SB 415
- California Drive Complete Streets Project (bike, pedestrian, and auto) Community Workshop #2, Tuesday, 1/24
- City Council Goals Session, Saturday, 1/28
- Coffee and Conversation with Emily, Saturday 2/11 at Il Piccolo Caffe
Greetings, Friends --
We have a full agenda this Tuesday evening, 1/17 at City Hall -- here are some highlights:
1) City Council Meeting, Tuesday 1/17 @ 7:00 p.m., City Hall, 501 Primrose Road
City Council will discuss three proposals about future use of municipal land at 250 Anza Boulevard, currently operated by Burlingame Golf Center. Murray Field will remain. The following organizations submitted proposals: US Badminton Center, Mid Peninsula Ice Rink Foundation, and Topgolf. I encourage you to read the supporting meeting documents (found on page 4 under item 10a on our agenda here) and join the discussion Tuesday night. I've also created an unofficial online survey to help me better understand our community's response to the three proposals. Please take a moment to answer eight short survey questions here -- I value your feedback!
- San Mateo County will present a summary of their Home for All initiative to address the region's housing crisis. The County's 2016 Jobs-Housing Gap Task Force created a toolkit for governments, employers, and residents to contribute to housing solutions and develop action plans.
- We'll also decide how to implement a new state law, SB 415, which requires our City Council elections to change from odd to even years.
2) California Complete Streets Project Community Workshop #2, Tuesday, 1/24 6-8 p.m., Lane Room, Burlingame Public Library, 480 Primrose Road
- Our Public Works department will hear input from the community about proposed changes to California Drive between Murchison and south of Broadway. The project aims to improve the bicycle, pedestrian, and auto experience along this 1.4 mile corridor. Come learn more and voice your opinion about this important project!
3) City Council Annual Goals Session, Saturday, 1/28 @ 9:00 a.m., Lane Room, Burlingame Main Library, 480 Primrose Road
- Join our City Council for a thoughtful discussion led by City Manager Lisa Goldman about what our city's top priorities should be in 2017. Decisions made at this meeting will provide direction for the upcoming year.
4) Coffee and Conversation with Emily, Saturday, 2/11 @ 3:30-4:30 p.m., Il Piccolo Caffe, 1219 Broadway
- Please join me for coffee next month at one of my favorite local hangouts, Il Piccolo Caffe. I’ll provide a brief update on recent and upcoming city issues, and answer questions about topics on your mind. Mark your calendar and feel free to drop by at the last minute if your schedule allows – however, I always appreciate RSVP's so I can plan the right amount of refreshments (at no taxpayer expense.)
5) Coming soon:
Standby for discussions at City Hall about our City’s tree ordinance (likely in early February), development impact fees, and public art. Remember you can view our meeting agendas, supporting materials, and recordings on the City's website.
Many thanks for your engagement,
P.S. If you find this newsletter valuable, please forward it to your friends and encourage them to join my mailing list here.