Here are some noteworthy items in February:
- Wednesday, 2/14: Coffee and Conversation with Emily at Il Piccolo Caffe
- Tuesday, 2/20: City Council Study Session on housing impact fees (tentative)
- Monday, 2/26: El Camino Real Improvement Proposal
- Wednesday, 2/28: Get Us Moving San Mateo County transportation priority survey closes; Town Halls on 2/15 and 2/22
- Best of Burlingame Spotlight: Opt-up to ECO 100 clean energy
1) Wednesday, 2/14: Coffee and Conversation with Emily, 8:30-9:30 AM, Il Piccolo Caffe, 1219 Broadway
- Please join me at one of my favorite hang-outs, Il Piccolo Caffe, for conversation and Q&A about the City. Bring your questions and concerns -- and bring a friend! Coffee and refreshments provided at no taxpayer expense.
2) Tuesday, 2/20: City Council Study Session about Housing Impact Feesand related housing policy matters, 5:30 PM at City Hall, 501 Primrose Road. Check our upcoming agenda here to confirm meeting time and content.
3) Monday, 2/26: El Camino Real Task Force (California State Highway 82) Recommendations to City Council, 6:30 PM, Lane Room, Burlingame Public Library
- If you are concerned about the safety and character of El Camino Real in Burlingame, please join us for one of the most important conversations of the year. Our citizen-driven El Camino Real Task Force carefully studied a pilot section of the highway during the past 14 months. The group will present its recommendations to City Council for improving roadway and sidewalk safety while retaining the character and health of the trees. Our Task Force includes community members representing diverse perspectives, technical staff from Caltrans (California Department of Transportation), City staff, Mayor Michael Brownrigg, and me. Extra special thanks to the following community members for their thoughtful and tireless dedication: Bobbi Benson, Richard Kirchner, Jeff Londer, Jennifer Pfaff, Gaird Schlesinger, and Michael Wiebracht.
4) "Get Us Moving" San Mateo County
- Take the survey before 2/28 to share your priorities for future county-wide transportation investment
- Learn more at upcoming "Get us Moving" Town Hall meetings:
- Thursday, 2/15, 6:30 PM, 110 Terminal Ave, Menlo Park
- Thursday, 2/22, 6:30 PM, 33 Arroyo Drive, South San Francisco
Best of Burlingame Spotlight
Members of Citizens Environmental Council of Burlingame are working hard to promote clean energy in Burlingame and inspire YOU to "opt up" to ECO 100! Join me (and many others) by choosing 100% carbon free energy for your Burlingame residence or business. It's fast, easy, and inexpensive. Learn more now at www.optupburlingame.org
View City Council's upcoming meeting agendas, supporting materials, and past recordings here on our City's website.